2021 WaterSaver Landscape Design Spring Tour, June 26, 2021
* Free and Open to The Public *
The 2021 Watersaver Landscape Spring Tour was Saturday, June 26 at 10 a.m. This year’s tour Video was held online (Zoom) as was the 2020 Tour. The Tour was broadcast from the Trinity Glen Rose Water District offices. WaterSaver Rewards and Raffle Prizes were available!
The tour, one of our biggest annual events, showcases impressive yards that do not require much water to remain beautiful. This year’s yards were selected using the following criteria:
• Substantial reduction in grass in the front or side yard
• Beds mulched with leaves, bark or stone
• A variety of plants appropriate to the soil and sunlight conditions
• In the non-grass landscape area, plants cover at least 50%
• Planned and maintained borders between water saving landscape and other areas
This free event began in 2002, in partnership with the San Antonio Water System, and sponsorship from the San Antonio River Authority. For the third year, we welcome our newest sponsor Trinity Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District, whom also supports our mission to promote outdoor water conservation through educational outreach within Bexar County communities.
Subdivisions this year include, The Midlands at Sonterra, Shavano Park, Del Webb, and Greystone.
All eligible registrants will be entered in the Raffle Drawing at the end of the Tour. Registrants must be able to come to a designated area in Bexar County to pick up their prize.