Venue: San Antonio Garden Center
- June 21, 2021
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The class will be in-person at the Garden Center and will be broadcast over Zoom at the same time.
Session 1- Pruning (Ron Csehil) 12:00 – 1:15 Get the answers to:
What is the purpose of pruning? How do you prune properly? Is pruning the same as trimming? When should you prune? What is the advantage of pruning a fruit tree? What are the disadvantages of pruning? Be sure to ask if you have any other pruning questions.
Session 2 – Announcements & Raffle Tickets 1:25 – 1:45
- Website/Facebook and Membership Updates
- Nursery / Landscape EXPO 2021
- Tradeshow Floor Only (2-4 Tickets) (August 5-7, 2021)
- Education Pass – Four Sessions (Thursday, August 5, 2021)
Session 3 – GVST Past and Present Activities (2020 / 2021) 2:00 – 3:00
- WaterSaver Landscape tour
- Sonterra October 24, 2020
- 2021 Yard Tour
- WaterSaver Landscape Design School – Virtual
- 2020 -vs- 2021
- 2021 Basil Fest / 29th Annual Herb Market (Oct 16,2021)
- Videos & “YouTube Update”
You have come to the right place, get all your garden tools sharpened while you enjoy the presentations. All tool sharpening donations will benefit the Dr. Tom Harris Scholarship Fund. https://gardeningvolunteers.org/scholarships/ Good garden tools are essential. They make light work of day-to-day garden tasks and help to keep the job at hand productive and enjoyable. However, when it comes to tools such as shears and secateurs, these benefits are lost if the tools are blunt.
We will not have our usual pot-luck lunch but you are welcome to bring your own “brown bag lunch” or refreshments. We will have the usual plant sale (please bring plant donations) and door prizes. Please join us.