17th Annual Watersaver Landscape Tour
Saturday May 4, 2019
9am – 3P
Admission is FREE and open to the public!
AS OF MARCH 5TH: Parking/Bus loading: Canyon Ridge Elementary School – 20522 Stone Oak Parkway.
Two gated communities located in Stone Oak will be allowing our guided tours to view 5 distinct and beautiful examples of water saving landscaping. This tour will be part of the “Rewards Program” sponsored by SAWS. With significant support from Trinity Glen Rose, and the San Antonio River Authority.
Docents will be at each yard to assist with questions and provide plant lists. Attendees will also receive stuffed bags with educational literature from our sponsors!
The tour, one of our biggest annual events, showcases impressive yards that do not require much water to remain beautiful. This year’s yards were selected using the following criteria:
• Substantial reduction in grass in the front or side yard
• Beds mulched with leaves, bark or stone
• A variety of plants appropriate to the soil and sunlight conditions
• In the non-grass landscape area, plants cover at least 50%
• Planned and maintained borders between water saving landscape and other areas
This free event began in 2002, in partnership with the San Antonio Water System, and sponsorship from the San Antonio River Authority. This year we welcome our newest sponsor Trinity Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District, whom all support our mission to promote outdoor water conservation through educational outreach within Bexar County communities.
Raffle Tickets Now On Sale!
Purchase your raffle tickets today for our 17th annual Watersaver Landscape Tour Raffle!
- 1st Prize 200 Square Foot Butterfly Garden Installed by Dr. Calvin Finch (Bexar County Only)
- 2nd Prize 200 Gallon Rainwater Catchment Tank by Tanks Alot
- 3rd Prize $200 Landscape Certificate by Trinity Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District
- 4th Prize Patio Fire Pit
- 5th Prize 1 year Family Membership to SA Botanical Garden
Each ticket is $3
Drawing to be held on May 5th, 2019 at Milberger Nursery, 3920 N. Loop 1604 E. San Antonio, TX
Noon to 2PM
Winner need not be present to win.
All Prizes transferable.